Friday, July 25, 2014

Filofax? What on Earth is a Filofax?


Yes, it's true.  Until about 3 months ago I had never heard of a Filofax.  I also had no idea how it would impact my life.  I came across them when I was in one of my organizing moods and was looking on YouTube for inspiration.  I kept bumping into Filofax decorating videos.  I was sold 5 minutes into the first video (by My_Planner).  The idea that this planner (or any other) could actually corral all of my favorite things in one place was amazing!  


Making Lists
Writing To Dos
Using Post-its
Decorating
Scrapbooking
Citing Quotes
Using Stickers
Making dividers
Planning
Writing Notes
Creating Dividers
Creating all types of graphic organizers!


Once I had decided on the right Filofax for me I had to wait until one became available.  In the meantime, I had bought a very cute notebook as a substitute until I got the real thing.


Then it arrived.  A personal Malden,  in all of its purple glory...so soft, so beautiful...but smaller than I am used to.  At first I thought it might be too small and I would miss using my notebook, but I adapted and made it work for me.  I copied the cover of the notebook and use it as a dashboard right in the front.  So after several trips to Target, Staples and Michaels, and experimenting with many different inserts, I have a set up that I am very happy with!


This simple discovery...filofaxing....gave me a renewed sense of excitement and reminded me of all of the passions that I had been neglecting for a long time. I have more energy now than I know what to do with and the creative juices are flowing.  I was at the right place at the right time!

 photo Christinepng.png

No comments:

Post a Comment