BACK TO SCHOOL!
As the summer winds down here in NY, the teachers are inevitably thinking about getting back into the classroom. For myself, I have found that if I at least have a few key procedures, handouts, and files in place, I can begin the year feeling organized and prepared. The items below in red are samples, suggestions, and / or printables. Feel free to use any or all that you find useful.
Procedures and Arrangements to Consider:
|This file box has files labeled 1-31 to correspond with|
the days of the month. I temporarily put extra handouts
in file marked with the date they were used in class.
If a student is absent they know where to go
to get missing handouts.
- Entering and Exiting the classroom
- Checking Homework Completion
- Correcting homework
- Returning homework
- What if a student is absent?
- Borrowing books
- Borrowing supplies
- Bathroom Procedures
- What happens when a rule is broken? (Consequences have to be clear and spelled out)
- Storing homework / classwork/ projects / tests
- Storing Supplies and Manipulatives
- Room Arrangement - groups? how many per group? centers? storage? traffic flow? during tests?
Handouts / Things you should have:
- Student supply list (Sample 6th Grade ELA Sample 6th Grade Math
- Bulletin board paper, borders and letters
- Grade book
- Parent Phone Numbers
- Call log for parents
- Bathroom sign out sheet / book/ pass
- Conference Sheets / notebook or binder
- Anecdotals template
- Welcome Letter for Parents (for orientation or meet the teacher)
- Student discipline sheets / progress reports
File Category Suggestions:
- School Memos
- Professional Development (articles / handouts)
- Meeting Notes
- Extra Class Lists
- Testing Information (Dates / Procedures)
- Test Scores (Student data)
- Extra Parent Handouts
- Notes from parents
- Copies of notes to parents
- Office Business ( Book lists / furniture inventory / teacher's choice receipts)
- Special Needs Information
- Curriculum Maps / Unit Plans
- Copies of Important emails
- Per Session Papers
- TO -DO file (requires attention and response)
- Copies of Anecdotals